When You're Away

I'd like to start this blog by acknowledging some of the most important people in my life: my family.
They're the ones who's been loving me from the start. The earliest memories I have are of my family, and I hope that this will never change. 


This is a picture I took when we were on a road trip to Adelaide, driving 8+ hours from Melbourne last winter.
I love our road trips. I prefer short distances, but this one was fine, too. Although the road did seemed to go on and on. 

It gave us the chance to be all crumpled up together in a car. We did our own thing for a while, then talked a bit, then be mesmerized at the view along the way. Nothing is more lovely than a time spent with your family. 'Home' is indeed our house back in Semarang, but it's also wherever they are. An apartment by the river or a tiny hotel room in the middle of nowhere. 

But we tend to take these for granted, most of the time. I certainly hope I hadn't, but I definitely have a new appreciation for my family and our time together after I lived on my own in Melbourne. The distance between us and the additional steps I have to take before I can hear their voices or see their faces made me realize how much they mean to me and how much I am loved. They willingly put up with my tantrums and crazy random days, and support me to be the best version of myself. 







To them, I just want to say thank you. 



Comments

Popular Posts