'naik kelas'

 It's been a rough couple of weeks. 


I'm exaggerating, of course. 

It's not like we're neurosurgeons who have the lives of people in our hands. 


But in short 4 years of my career, the last year has been the hardest. 

And, it could be for a good reason. 


It's not because our team got more dysfunctional, 

or we got less capable people. 


It's actually because the job we get are tougher and tougher, 

that requires higher skills, organization, and creativity. 


So, it's kind of a good problem to have. 

It's stretching our capacity and capabilities. 

It's an opportunity for us to do better and better,

so we're not just stuck in the same problems, the same pond. 


I can say this, because I am trying to see it from the bigger picture. 

I sincerely hope we (including me) are going to the 'next level'. 


That's what we hope in life, right? 

To rise higher and higher. 

Up and up. 


I guess, though, most of the time, we wish it would be a smooth-sailing flight. 

The plane takes off, the plane pushes through the clouds, 

and wow, would you look at that -you are cruising through the sky. 


Lately, I realize that this 'next level' thing is NOT like that at all. 


It's feels more like trying to climb a steep, steep cliff. 


It tests your strength, your skill, your experience. 

It demands your whole attention, your creativity, and your focus. 

And you sort of have an idea of how you can do this, though you don't have a manual for it. 

So your brain is wrecking, churning, never ending. 

And you are optimistic, although a little part of you is worried. 


Ah. 


I know one day I'll look back at these days and smile. 

I've been through similar 'climbs' and have made it. 


And I like the challenge.

I actually do enjoy it. 

Call me a workaholic. Call me a thrill-seeker. 


But also, do allow me a few breathers here and there. 

Just like my physical fitness, I'm not extremely strong. 


I need to sit down every once in a while, 

but watch as I push through and get to the top,

and come down safe and sound, 

ready to tell this story, and climb the next mountain. 


To higher and higher levels. 




(ps: a little relief - the backdrop for this process is this beauty)

Comments

Popular Posts